Thursday, September 23, 2010

How To Damage Ethernet Cable

orzotto Taleggio pomegranate seeds


I am a joker and who knows me knows ...
It also knows that I managed to convince my grandmother for over 2 months that our dog had reached 4 years of age was ready to be enrolled in an imaginary "home for the dogs " where he learned to bark time and socialize with other dogs ....
Yes, yes, you could say I'm cruel to mock my octogenarian grandmother (also in form), but you can not understand that when you walk is also offered to manufacture by hand the "aprons" for our dog! ! The mythical grandmother ...

Well, Sunday I have another of my combo: I served up at lunch to her grandmother (we were at home just me and her) a orzotto passing nonchalantly to a simple risotto, deliberately left a bit 'more penalty and mellow ... and managed to tell me you know what? "Well, not bad quality of this rice, I do not do any harm to the denture !!..."... holy soul, at least became aware of the differing extent!
But on the one hand I was immensely pleased that my grandmother, loooong traditional tastes, you are fond of cereal because I have the firm intention to clear in my house, where they are not really ever become part of the menu daily.

As you know, as opposed to issuing the rice starch, barley, although cooked risotto as normal, will not create the creaminess you expect here because I wanted to "tie" the beans with a cheese, in this case the taleggio , which gives a sweet note almost to the plate.
And as things simple and straight I do not like, dare I wanted to add (only my dish, my grandmother would have been too ...) the grains of pomegranate , autumnal fruit enjoyed by few, just to give a burst of acidity that contrasts with the sweetness of the risotto orzotto ... oops!

orzotto Taleggio with pomegranate seeds

Ingredients for 4:
  • 200 grams of pre-cooked pearl barley agriculture dpi Biological
  • 700 ml vegetable stock
  • taleggio
  • extra virgin olive oil 1 onion
  • salt and pepper to taste 1 pomegranate
  • Mature
Procedure:

Prepare as if the orzotto a normal risotto: chopped onions and extra virgin olive oil, roasted barley for a minute, gradually adding the hot broth until cooked (12 minutes because my barley was cooked). Then aggiustatina salt and pepper, creaming with the Taleggio into pieces and adding a few grains of pomegranate, that warming will release their typical sour note.

0 comments:

Post a Comment